Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Letter To S.F. Chronicle

Philip Bronstein,

San Francisco Chronicle

901 Mission Street

San Francisco, CA 94103

Attention: Philip Bronstein

Dear Mr. Bronstein

RE: Subscription solicitations

For months now I have been getting subscription solicitations via the phone for your newspaper. I tell your solicitors that I am not interested and to please refrain from calling me. The phone calls continued to come regardless of how many times I told them I was not interested in subscribing to your paper.

I finally had enough and contacted your paper via e-mail. I received a reply stating that if I would provide my name and phone number that it would be added to a 'do not disturb' list and that I would no longer be disturbed by solicitors.

I did so and was rewarded with about a week of freedom from your solicitors.

Last night that all changed. I received a call, just as I was about to retire to bed, from a gentleman stating that he had a free offer for a 'new, local newspaper'. He told me all I would have to pay is about $.77 a day for the driver for a 26 week free trial. It sounded good so I agreed. He then passed me to his supervisor to verify some information. The woman concluded her business by stating, 'Welcome to the Chronicle'. I said, wait a minute, do you mean the San Francisco Chronicle? She replied, yes. I told her to forget about it, I am not interested in the San Francisco Chronicle.

Sir, I find this recent attempt to solicit my business deceitful and extremely bothering. First of all your paper is not a new publication, having been around for quite some time now. Also, it is most definitely not local, as I live 45 miles north of Sacramento.

Since I have gone to great lengths to try and be polite about these infringements into my time by your solicitors, I feel I owe you an explanation as to why I refuse to subscribe to your newspaper.

It has to do with the Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom. Mister Newsom is unfit to hold the office of Mayor, as he is a scumbag and a criminal with no regard to the laws passed on to us by God, and by the laws passed by the United States.

Mayor Newsom's affair with the wife of his campaign manager violated the law of God as found in Exodus 20:14, wherein it says, "Thou shalt not commit adultery." The Bible goes on to say, “And the man that committeth audltery with another mans wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adultress shall surely be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

Adultery may be commonplace among man in the society we live in, but it is no less a sin in the eyes of God. Mayor Newsom has sinned and is unworthy to hold public office.

Mayor Newsom also supports Gay Marriages, which is also a violation of Gods law and our nations laws as well.

In the book of Leviticus, Chapter 20 verse 13 you find the following, “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.”

In Title 1, Chapter 1, Section 7 of the United States Code, the laws applicable to all of us as U.S. citizens, we find the definition of marriage. It states, “In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word “marriage” means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word “spouse” refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife. “

Therefore Mayor Newsom has once again shown his disdain for the laws of God, and this time for the laws of man as well.

Finally, Mayor Newsom has declared that San Francisco is a ‘sanctuary city’ for illegal aliens.

United States Code, Title 8, Chapter 12, Subchapther II, Part VIII, Section 1324 states,

“(A) Any person who—

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation; “

By making San Francisco a sanctuary city for illegal aliens, Mayor Newsom has violated federal law and is therefore a criminal.

My reasons for not subscribing to your paper are clear. I cannot, with clear conscience subscribe to a newspaper from a city where the people of said city continually vote for a criminal and a scumbag. Until the people of San Francisco change their views about Mayor Newsom, and his policies, I will never subscribe to your paper.

I am asking you to take whatever steps required to ensure that your solicitors do not ever disturb me again with their offers.

I have been polite in the past, the next time might find me a bit more abrasive.

Thank you for your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

No comments: