Monday, May 05, 2008

Another Immiration Rant

Friday, my day got off to a sour note almost as soon as I got to work. I am not a morning person at all, so I usually get to work an hour or so before I have to actually start so I can grab a cup of coffee and read the newspaper. On this particular Friday I mentioned to one of my friends that, 'Boy I sure don't feel like being here'. From the next table someone said, 'Why don't you get on a plane and fly back home to England then?'

It took every ounce of my will not to do or say anything to the piece of human excrement that said that. This guy is an honest to God, Reagan amnestied, illegal alien from Mexico.

Due to my having written numerous letters to the editor concerning illegal aliens, this person has confronted me on a few occasions to argue 'his point of view'. He believes that Mexicans are doing these jobs because Americans are too lazy. He believes that Mexicans 'have a right' to come here to live and work. He probably believes that the southwest United States still belongs to Mexico, although of that I can not be sure.

This particular individual was granted amnesty in 1986 by legislation signed by President Reagan. By all intensive purposes he is a legal citizen of this country, yet he still holds citizenship in Mexico. Does he respect this country, obviously not when he verbally attacks anyone who stands up for our nations laws, particular those that would keep more people like him from coming to this country.

So, when he said that comment on Friday morning it took all I had not to say, 'Why don't you take your fat wetback ass and swim across the Rio Grande into Mexico? While you are at it, take that dope smoking, gang banging anchor baby kid of yours with you?' That would have started a riot and I am thankful now that I had enough self control to keep those thoughts to myself. Nevertheless, the day got off to a fine start.

Afterwards, as I sat there reading my paper, I came across an article about immigration entitled, Money Woes Have Immigration Activists Weeping. In this article, an illegal alien worker from Zion Illinois, Eric Molina, who just happens to have a thirteen year old anchor baby daughter named Erika, said, "We come to fight for legalization. We're people. We have rights."

What rights does Senor Molina think he has? He has the right to pack his belongings and go back to Mexico. According to Merriam-Webster's online Dictionary, civil rights are defined as "The nonpolitical rights of a citizen, especially: the rights of personal liberty guaranteed to U.S. citizens by the 13th and 14th amendments to the Constitution and by acts of Congress." These people are criminals and they ask us for rights they do not deserve. They ask us to accept them with open arms and they do not respect us, or our laws.

So, after getting verbally harassed, and then reading that in the paper, my anger level was up by a few notches, and I was ready to go to work with a monstrous chip on my shoulder.

That seems to be happening a lot to me lately, getting a chip on my shoulder at work. Just a few days prior to Friday I was working with an East Indian man. Not too many people like this guy to begin with. He ogles and stares at the women, and he is lazy and shiftless. So I was in a sour mood to begin with, knowing I had to work nine hours with this guy. Around lunch time I was minding my own business, doing my job, when this guy comes up and puts his hand on my shoulder and stops me from what I am doing. He then proceeds to do what I was doing, which was dumping baskets of apricots into a hopper. He was doing it differently than I was, and was dropping fruit onto the floor in the process. He then had the gall to say, "This is how we would do it in India." I almost lost control again. I wanted to ask him if India was so great, why the hell did he come to America?

The point is that I have been developing a chip on my shoulder at work. Do you also notice the similarities between the causes of my problems? It just happens to be foreigners who come to this country with the attitude that the country they come from, and their way of doing things, is so much better than ours. Why is it that they have to come here if their country is so much better than ours?

I don't know if people are away of the concept of carrying capacity. Carrying capacity is the ability of a location to sustain life of the inhabitants of that area. Say for instance that you have 100 number of people living in an area of one square mile. These people are living comfortably with enough resources such as water, electricity and food. There are enough medical facilities, supplies, and jobs to provide a comfortable life for all. What then happens when you double the number of people living in that area? what happens to the carrying capacity? Will they still be able to live with the same standard of living? When will the point be reached that the carrying capacity has been passed an can no longer sustain life?

When a carrying capacity has been reached, or surpassed for that matter, the standard of living deteriorates very quickly. Jobs are harder to find, there is more starvation, disease, and many other social problems brought about by the overpopulation of a people inhabiting land that just cannot accommodate them.

If you would like to learn more about 'carrying capacity' I would recommend that you read some of Frosty Wooldridge's articles as he has written extensively on the subject. You can find Frosty's articles at http://newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frostyA1.htm

When you take the population of a country and the square miles you can figure out how many people live on one square mile of land in that country? The number you come up with does not mean that there are exactly that number living on every square mile because there are often large centers where the population is centered, but it gives you an overall idea.

In the United States, for instance, there are approximately eighty four people per square mile of land in this country. Mexico on the other hand has one hundred forty five people per square mile. Then you have India, with a staggering nine hundred fifty four people per square mile.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0934666.html

As you can see, both Mexico and India have substantially larger populations per square mile than does the United States. So our resources, or our carrying capacity, has not been strained to the point as it is in their native countries.

That is going to change though if we continue to allow immigration, both legal, and illegal, to continue in this country. It used to be that the average American family was 3.2 people per household. That sounds ridiculous that a family could have point two kids, but it was an average taken from the overall statistics. Hispanic families tend to be higher, in the 3.8 people per family range, while East Indians are even higher at around 4.9.

Once again, my friend, the Grassroots Granny, has sent me an e mail that corresponds with the subject matter I just happen to be writing on. (I think that woman is psychic!)
Just this morning she sent me an e mail that covers the surge of growth in this country of the Hispanics, not by immigration, but by birth. From the article I quote,

“Hispanics now account for more than 15% of the U.S. population, and their surge is largely the result of births among people already in the country, according to new Census Bureau data.

In an annual report, the Census said there are 45.5 million Hispanics in the U.S., up from 35.7 million in 2000, when they made up 12.6% of the population. It said growth among Hispanics was responsible for half of the U.S. population gains between 2000 and 2007.”

As the population of this country continues to grow, it is obvious that with the size of American families growing at a slower rate than those of immigrant, both legal and illegal. Eventually we will be outnumbered, and the result of that is something I do not wish to contemplate.

Here in California we have a speaker of the State Assembly named Fabian Nunez. The city of Los Angeles has a mayor named Antonio Villaraigosa. Both these men are Hispanic, and while I have nothing against Hispanics, these men both refuse to enforce our nations immigration laws. They are both actually openly pro-illegal alien in their policies. Basically, they take the side of illegal aliens over that of the rightful citizens of this country.

Now imagine that trend continuing across the nation. Imagine mayors, state representatives, and even Congressmen, Senators, and even a President who takes the side of illegal aliens over the American citizens.

The people of this country need to wake up and realize what is happening to us. We are allowing the people who will bring this country down to the same level as their country, to immigrate into ours unrestricted.

As I asked earlier, what is so great about their countries that they desired to come to ours? If we allow them to continue to flood into ours, with their disrespect for our laws, our customs, and more importantly, for us as citizens, what is going to happen in America? We will be the minority, make no mistake about that! Then, when they have a majority and they ease immigration standards, so that even more of their countrymen can come to America, we will be just like those countries from which they flee, a third world nation whose carrying capacity has been passed. The standard of living will go down for everyone.

California is already experiencing problems with its water supply. New homes have been built which demand water. It is estimated that every person in this country uses 3000 gallons of water per month. California also is experiencing problems with the supply of electricity in the summertime when everyone is using their air conditioners. With this unrestricted immigration, those statistics are only going to get worse.

This nation cannot handle the continued importation of the impoverished masses from all over the world. It is not our duty, or responsibility to feed, house, provide educations, jobs, and all the amenities of life for those from other countries. Not if we wish to survive as a nation. I only hope that people wake up before it is too late and class warfare breaks over the demand for jobs, food, and resources. If people don’t open their eyes to the danger this country faces, that is exactly what is going to happen. Then what?

No comments: